What are the main differences between coaches, counsellers and therapists?
- Counsellers focus on giving clients the space to discuss their personal thoughts and feelings.
- Therapists focus on behaviours or emotions that are causing problems in your life.
- Coaches focus on the present and the future. Coaching is action oriented and works on the premise that you are your own best expert.
In our initial assessment, we will discuss coaching and ensure it is the best approach for you before commencing.
What benefits does life coaching offer?
A good life coach won't give you advice or tell you what to do. Life coaching is about helping you to draw on your own intuition to progress forwards in a way that's right for you - after all, you know yourself and your life best! When you book me as your coach, you are enlisting the support and encouragement of someone who will help you to clarify your values and strengths and help you navigate obstacles and mindsets that have been stopping you, so that you can move in the direction you want to go in.
To get the most out of the coaching process, there is work to do between sessions. A big benefit of engaging in life coaching is being accountable for what you have said you want to achieve and making it happen. Finally, the life coaching process is challenging, exciting and most importantly, fun!
What qualifications do you have?
I am a certified Life Coach and have worked with hundreds of people since 2002. I have completed the NCFE accredited "EDEXCEL Level 2 BTEC Certificate in Introduction to Life Coaching Skills” and "EDEXCEL Level 3 BTEC Certificate in Life Coaching Skills and Practice” with Newcastle College.
Further to my Life Coaching certifications, I have a Psychology Degree, Counselling Skills Certificate and am continually updating my skills through CPD training. I am also a Specialist Mental Health Mentor (for University students) and have been since 2009. I am accredited and a Mentor member of the professional body, UMHAN.
How much does it cost and how many sessions should I book?
I offer clients a variety of ways to work with me, created to help you get the best results whilst suiting your individual needs, starting from £55 a session. You can "pay as you go" per session, or take advantage of the additional benefits and discounted rates of a Life Coaching Package.
Pay as you go: £60 per session
4 x session package: £230 (£57.50 per session)
8 x session package: £440 (£55.00 per session)
If you are looking for other options suit, do get in touch and I will try to accommodate if possible.
What you get:
- Life Coaching sessions. Each session will last up to 50 minutes (by phone, Skype or face to face as agreed).
- The choice of frequency. Sessions can be weekly, fortnightly, three weekly or monthly, to allow you to tailor the life coaching process to your needs / timetable and budget. We will agree these times and days together.
- A "Package" pre-session welcome pack. This is designed to help you to identity what is holding you back in life and kick start the process to you making positive changes in your life and help you make sustainable, long term changes.
- The opportunity to identify what you want to change, to create goals and a clear plan and use life coaching sessions to be accountable for making the changes happen.
- You can work with me as your coach for one to eight months.
- A post-session summary. Outlining the session and agreed actions.
- Email support between sessions.
How do I pay from outside the UK?
I can arrange payment in other currencies on request.
What discounts are available?
If you have already worked with me, I am offering 15% off all coaching sessions (pay as you go and packages). Just drop me a line if you are interested, have any questions or to book.
- “Re-Visit Coaching” Discount
If you have worked with me and recommend a friend to work with me and they book and pay for a session or package, I will give you 30 minutes coaching free (two referrals = one hour coaching free etc).
How does coaching take place?
I coach by phone and Skype so location is no object.
Face to face coaching is available for local clients (Canterbury & East Kent, UK), on request.
How do I decide whether to have coaching by phone, Skype or face-to-face?
Phone & Skype
Phone and Skype coaching are handy options as they can be done at your convenience and without any additional travelling times for you. If you live in another part of the world, then we can do coaching via phone or Skype.
Face to face
If I have availability and you live locally, we can do face to face coaching. You may want some or all your sessions face to face with me. For some, meeting your coach can be a nice touch (but it isn't essential).
You can combine phone, Skype and face to face coaching as suits you. All coaching methods are equally effective.
Are There Any Other Costs Involved?
For phone coaching; making the telephone call to me and for Skype coaching your internet costs. The cost of the call will depend on where you are and the service you use.
Contact me to book your free (no obligation) 20 minute discovery session.